How to access the Accounting Rules section
Log in as Company Administrator
Go to the Company Profile tab
Select the Accounting Rules section
How to edit an Accounting Rule
To get started, open the Accounting Rule you are looking for.
Category Group: this field is optional - it indicates the category group you want to include the expense category in. The screenshot below shows how separate expense categories are grouped under a category group.
2. Customer Category Group Name: the GL account name or the way you would like for it to be displayed in your financial reports. Please be aware that each category has multiple translation options depending on which flag is selected when the translation is provided.
For example, as per below screenshot, if German flag is selected, then the displayed text will be visible to users when selecting category of expense from their view. This category translation can be adjusted bz company admins as per their requirements:
3. Category Translation: you can translate the expense category name in different languages. This is very useful if your entity has users who speak different languages (i.e. a Belgian company where English, French and Dutch is normally spoken).
Our screenshot below shows the Fuel category displayed for French speakers.
4. Description: add a short description for your users, letting them know how you expect this expense category to be filled in.
Note: The cost elements (GL, Tax Account, cost center) can be set to different values for local and foreign transactions.
5. Cost Account - this is usually the GL account.
6. Tax Account - a second value field, where you can set a GL.
7. Cost Center - if you want to force a specific cost center for this expense catagory. This is not a best practice and we advise you first contact the Service Delivery team.
8. Default VAT Rate - please choose the default VAT rate of this category from the list of legal VATs for Fuel in your country (in our example, the test company is German).
N/A = no VAT (VAT 0%); no VAT rate is available for this category;
= all VAT rates are available and the default VAT rate is the
biggest recoverable rate
/NA = all VAT rates are available and the default VAT rate is NA
19NR = 19% non-recoverable; all 19% VAT rates and NA are available, 19NR is the default value
19R = 19% recoverable; all 19% VAT rates and NA are available, 19R is the default value